Metering.com 25 JANUARY 2018
Five utility companies have been recognised by the Smart Energy Consumer Collaborative (SECC) for implementing customer-focused energy ecosystems.
- Ameren Illinois has been awarded the Smart Energy Innovation Award for their distributed energy resource-focused microgrid initiative.
- CenterPoint Energy has been awarded the Culture Transformation Award for nurturing a transition to a more customer-focused company culture.
- Colorado Springs Utilities has been awarded the Consumer Engagement Award for launching the Change the Current initiative for community improvement.
- Direct Energy has been awarded the Underserved Markets Award for enabling millennials to better assist their lower-income neighbors with their energy bills.
- Commonwealth Edison has been awarded the Consumer Education Award for developing an engaging, multimedia education campaign on smart thermostats and other energy efficiency topics.
This is the first time SECC has issued the Best Practices Awards.
Patty Durand, CEO at SECC, said: “Engaging and educating the energy consumer is essential for realising the benefits promised by the smart grid and related energy technologies.”
Image credit: 123rf.