Frist 24. januar 2016
DTU Physics at the Technical University of Denmark invites applications for a postdoc position in the section Plasma Physics and Fusion Energy (PPFE).
The PPFE section leads the Danish participation in the European fusion research activities. We operate and exploit a sophisticated diagnostic at the ASDEX Upgrade experiment. We develop a corresponding diagnostic for the international ITER fusion experiment and have a leading role in investigations of transport in the outer layers (SOL) of fusion plasmas. PPFE offers a dynamical and internationally minded workplace, with a focus on scientific excellence and the continuous development of our staff.
Responsibilities and tasks
We seek an ambitious person who is willing and able to contribute to and to shape the groups work in the field of plasma theory and simulations with a long term perspective. The group is maintaining fluid codes for the plasma SOL and intends to widen their range of applicability towards inclusion of kinetic effects and interaction with neutrals. Participation in supervision of students from the bachelor to PhD level will be an integrated part of the job and acquisition of teaching experience is expected and supported.
- A PhD degree in Physics/Computational Physics
- Solid knowledge within plasma physics and tokamak physics
- Knowledge of programming languages, computational methods, computer architectures
- Proficiency in English.
- Your communication skills paired with your ability to bring in new ideas allow you to efficiently contribute to scientific success in a highly motivated team.
In the assessment of the candidates, consideration will be given to
- scientific production and research potential at international level
- innovative skills and the ability to generate new ideas
- the ability to communicate at all levels such as the provision of scientific advice to public sector authorities
- an all-round experience basis, preferably including international experience
- the ability to contribute to development of the department’s internal and external cooperation
ability and willingness to attract Funding
We offer an interesting and challenging job in an international environment focusing on research, education, innovation, and public-sector consultancy. We strive for academic excellence, collegial respect and freedom tempered by responsibility. The Technical University of Denmark (DTU) is a leading technical university in northern Europe and benchmarks with the best universities in the world.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.
The period of employment is three years. It is presently planned to open a permanent position following this period.
Further information may be obtained from Head of Section, Professor Volker Naulin, +45 2537 4538, firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can read more about DTU Physics on www.fysik.dtu.dk.
Please submit your online application not later than 24 January 2016. Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link “Apply online,” fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Diploma (an official translation into English)
- List of publications
- Research plans
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
DTU is a technical university providing internationally leading research, education, innovation and public service. Our staff of 5,800 advance science and technology to create innovative solutions that meet the demands of society; and our 10,300 students are educated to address the technological challenges of the future. DTU is an independent academic university collaborating globally with business, industry, government, and public agencies.